Friday, April 3, 2009

Dear Lord: Regarding productivity...

Yesterday I was productive.

Today I was much less so. The rain didn't help. I don't drive in torrential rain or thunderstorms unless absolutely necessary. It's not that thunder scares me, but that I feel no need to risk injury in that kind of weather. Lightning isn't the only danger. Frankly, until I know I've got health insurance again, I'd prefer to avoid any negative circumstances.

I'm frustrated with my family. They're concerned, and I understand. I'm concerned. I'm worried sick, to be honest. But I visited them yesterday, and I was hoping that we could discuss something besides my dismal failure at finding a job. It's not that I don't understand their concerns. I do. I just... I need a break from the tension and the worry and the fear that surrounds me. Otherwise, I'll curl into a ball and sob.

I did my best to assuage my parents' fears, and tried to avoid them when it got to be too much. So today, I did some online things that needed doing. I'm amazed at how many jobs you can apply for online. I managed to find out what I needed to know for my local tax return.

I also talked to a couple of fellow Christians who are currently unemployed. What amazes me is how quickly things seem to have fallen into place for me. It's not been easy, and I don't have a job yet. But two weeks out, and I have a plan and a goal outside of "Hope a job comes up."

So thank you Lord, and give me patience to keep positive with my family.

"Praise the Lord. Sing to the Lord a new song, His praise in the assembly of the saints. Let Israel rejoice in their Maker; let the people of Zion be glad in their King. Let them praise His name with dancing and make music to Him with tambourine and harp. For the Lord takes delight in His people; He crowns the humble with salvation." Psalm 149:1-4

No comments:

Post a Comment