Monday, April 13, 2009

Dear Lord: Praise be!

I got a callback today.

I have a second interview on Wednesday for the place I interviewed at last week! I'm hopeful. The Lord will do what is best for me, of that I am sure.

The Lord used my grandmother to remind me of the day I was baptized. It was a brutal, rather painful reminder of how faithful I used to be, compared to now. It was nice, in a way. I have some memories that have subtly shifted, until I was no longer sure as to why I had been so insistent on getting baptized when I did. But my grandmother had written a letter, which she had saved, and reading it to me, I remembered what I had believed and why. It helped me to be able to shift through the falsehoods and lies, until I had the truth.

The mind is a tricky thing, and I think Satan, though unable to read our minds, still knows what to put in front of us to cause us to doubt ourselves. I had fallen into that trap. It was nice to know that I wasn't correct.

But it's hard, when you realize that you were so very very firm at one point, and now it seems like all you do is question yourself.

Praise God, that I can't do anything on my own. Because this way, I know I need Him, and I know He'll be there for me.

"Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart. The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away; may the name of the Lord be praised." Job 1:21

No comments:

Post a Comment