Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Dear Lord: I stand in awe of You

God truly has a plan for us all.

I got some encouragement today. A friend's husband has been searching for a job as well. He's having similar issues with unemployment compensation. In his case, he had the compensation granted, but the company appealed and he lost it. Unfortunately, just like I can make an appeal on my unemployment, the company that gets rid of employees can as well. It's fair, but frustrating.

This man, like me, has been praying hard about it. He and my friend (Mr. and Mrs. HT, from now on) have two small children, and they are taking care of his mother as well. Mrs. HT has a disability that keeps her from working most jobs, which means she can't get a job to help supplement right now. Instead, she stays home, homeschooling the children, taking care of the house, and caring for her mother-in-law.

Today, she called me. Praise God! Mr. HT has gotten a job! This is a huge encouragement to me, because he got a job in the same company I applied and interviewed at. I'm interviewing at a different location, but I'm praying that it works out for me.

God also used my small group tonight to remind me that my problems are not the only thing to focus on. One of the men in my group, F, has been diagnosed with a serious illness, as has his daughter. We prayed around him tonight, placing hands on him. It was a very serious, very emotional moment, and I'm happy that we did it. I have faith that the Lord will do what is best in this situation.

There are so many things to be thankful for, even in this time of need. My grandmother's recovery. A church that supports me and friends that care for me. A college that supports the degrees I want. Jobs that are coming to those around me. Good health. Food on my table and a roof over my head. A pastor that truly cares about me and the rest of his congregation. And, above all, a God that will never leave me, nor forsake me. It's when I'm at my lowest that I know He's the closest. Amen, Lord. Amen.

"In that day you will no longer ask me anything. I tell you the truth, my Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete." John 16:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment