Thursday, April 2, 2009

Dear Lord: I'm still here

Sometimes it's easy to forget that I'm not simply a sum of my accomplishments and failures.

I look around me, and I see things about me that bother me, that concern me, that confuse me. Issues with the way my mind works. Issues with my body. Issues with my self-confidence. And it's easy to listen to that voice that picks up all the things my boss said to me, and amplifies them.

This is the first time I've ever been fired. I work hard. Like a great many Americans, I have a good work ethic and I do my best to make sure I'm successful. And sometimes that's just not enough.

But that's okay, because I have a God that protects and guides me, even through the storm. I'm watching the news, and listening as they talk about how unemployment is rising again. And it's scary. But I can't worry about that, because if I do, I'll get overwhelmed by it all, and I'll end up having an anxiety attack. All I can do is trust that God will see me through it all.

Today I ran around the University campus, getting signatures and putting all my ducks in a row. There's no guarantee, but it looks like I'll be accepted into the University for the fall semester. This seems to be working out, and amazingly fast. Next step: Get financial aid.

"Do not say, 'Why were the old days better than these?' For it is not wise to ask such questions." Ecclesiastes 7:10

No comments:

Post a Comment