Sunday, April 12, 2009

Dear Lord: He is Risen!

In the hustle and bustle of our days, it's hard to remember sometimes what it's really all about.

I went to visit my family for Easter. My family and I do not always get along, and I was prepared for some things that my mother had warned me she wanted to talk about.

Thankfully, the conversation was avoided, though I did make the offer. It's time my mother let me grow up, and that's something I'm going to have to make an effort to make sure she knows.

But praise God, that He sent His Son. My family and I had a wonderful time celebrating Easter together. I also was able to speak with my grandmother, and she gave me a lot of encouragement I wasn't expecting from her. It's just another reminder that God is very busily taking care of me, and it's more of an encouragement than anything else could be.

Praise God! He is Risen! And because He lives, I live!

"For God so love the world, He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him might not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16
"Why do you look for the living among the dead? He is not here; he has risen!" Luke 24:5-6
"'Don't be alarmed,' he said. 'You are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who was crucified. He has risen! He is not here.'" Mark 16:6
"Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; he has risen, just as he said." Matthew 28:5-6
"These things happened so that the scripture would be fulfilled: 'Not one of his bones will be broken,' and, as another scripture says, 'They will look on the one they have pierced.'" Luke 19:36-37

No comments:

Post a Comment