Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Dear Lord: Sometimes I'm such a fool

It's the last day of the month.

Today is the last day I have benefits from my old company. It's the day my explanation for getting fired is due. Tomorrow if I get sick, I'll have to pay for it out of pocket. It's... Sad.

I couldn't seem to get my feet underneath me today. I'm not sure why people put up with me. I'm doubting things I shouldn't doubt, and I feel like crying every second. It's so frustrating.

"I said, 'I will watch my ways and keep my tongue from sin; I will put a muzzle on my mouth as long as the wicked are in my presence.' But when I was silent and still, not even saying anything good, my anguish increased. My heart grew hot within me, and as I meditated, the fire burned; then I spoke with my tongue: 'Show me, O Lord, my life's end and the number of my days; let me know how fleeting is my life. You have made my days a mere handbreadth; the span of my years is as nothing before you. Each man's life is but a breath.'" Psalm 39:1-5

No comments:

Post a Comment