Thursday, March 26, 2009

Dear Lord: I'm not doing as well as I thought I was.

There's always going to be ups and downs.

I wouldn't be human if I didn't have them. And this wouldn't be an accurate accounting if I didn't talk about the bad with the good.

Today wasn't one of my better days. It was cold and rainy out, so I didn't get to go for a walk. I was easily distracted, having trouble with my concentration, and so couldn't manage to do the research and phone calls I needed to. And then, around 7pm I realized I hadn't gotten anything (besides laundry) done all day. This frustrated me, but at that point, it was so late there really wasn't any time to go out, and most of the places I need to call have closed by then. Yay for small-town mentalities.

Honestly, I'm still reeling from the disappointment yesterday. I thought this was going to be easy, and fast. It looks like, instead, it could take years, and could send me into a college program I realized the first time around that I couldn't handle. I shouldn't be cloistering myself up like this, but apparently I wasn't capable of anything else.

Lord, let tomorrow be better.

"I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the Lord sustains me. I will not fear the tens of thousands drawn up against me on every side. Arise, O Lord! Deliver me, O my God! Strike all my enemies on the jaw; break the teeth of the wicked. From the Lord comes deliverance. May your blessing be on your people." Psalm 3:5-8

No comments:

Post a Comment