Friday, March 20, 2009

Dear Lord: I've lost my job. Now what?

The news hit me like a ton of bricks.

Oh, it's not that I wasn't half-expecting it. Just a few weeks ago, my boss of nearly two years had been laid off and replaced with a new guy. The new guy came from a completely different department, one that was run completely differently than ours. And he was paying me a lot of attention. In this economy, attention usually isn't a good thing, and Heaven knows, I wasn't perfect at my job. I was good, no doubt better than anyone else in my department, but perfection was the name of the game now, and I couldn't cut it. Better, in his eyes, to scrap the previous boss's work and start over.

Unfortunately, that was me.

So suddenly, I'm out of a job. Worse yet, there's no options for a job in my field in the area I'm living. So I all but have to move, if I want to stay in this field.

And that's the big question, isn't it? My family lives here. I never really enjoyed this job; it was a way to pay the bills, and nothing more, really. In fact, this wasn't even what I went to college for. Which leaves me...

Where?

"Surely in vain have I kept my heart pure; in vain have I washed my hands in innocence. All day long I have been plagued; I have been punished every morning." Psalm 73:14-15

No comments:

Post a Comment