Sunday, March 29, 2009

Dear Lord: I'm procrastinating

Going to church today was interesting.

Because of the prayer meeting, I met some people I hadn't before. Amazingly, though I've been going to this church for over a year now, I have had several people come up to me recently and ask me if I was a visitor. It's nice that they have noticed me, but it's a little awkward to have to tell people that I've been coming here for some time now.

I didn't get the things done that I needed to, for the most part. I'm supposed to write all the reasons why I shouldn't have been fired. I keep staring at the page with a nearly overwhelming amount of anger. I thought I was over this. I need to forgive my boss and my old company, and I'm not sure how.

"But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous." Matthew 5:44-45

No comments:

Post a Comment