Monday, March 30, 2009

Dear Lord: There's so much to do...

There's not enough time, and so much to do.

It's not that I'm unambitious. It's that I have a hard time convincing myself to do things. I think part of it is just that I'm scared. I'm scared of getting turned down. I'm scared of change. I'm scared that people will look at me and reject me because of my appearance. And all of this is only made worse by the fact that I've received the ultimate "You can't do a good job" message in the loss of my job.

So I didn't really get started today until noon. Well, that's not entirely true. With the help of a friend, I was able to get my write-up for the contesting of my unemployment written in a way that sounds professional and accurate. I hope I did it right. Then noon, I got out of the house and got that and another item mailed. I had the church Bible Study for the Deaf at 1pm, so I grabbed a couple of Dollar Menu items and ate them on the way. It's a good thing, too, because that study went for 3 hours.

On the way home, I stopped by the Red Cross and offered to volunteer. It's kind of disheartening when a volunteer organization doesn't need volunteers. I stopped by another minimum-wage place, and got an application. It's not what I want, but for now, I'll take what I can get.

"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea." Psalm 46:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment